1. A typical commission rate in the Edmonton area is 7% on the first $100,000 and 3% on the balance of the sold price. This fee is split between the listing and selling brokerages, meaning each side would get 3.5% on the first $100,000 and 1.5% on the balance of the sold price. With our flat fee model you will only pay $5000 for the listing fee regardless of the price of your home. For example, on a $500,000 home the typical commission payable would be $19,000, and the listing agent would make $9,500 and the buyers’ agent would make $9,500. With our Flat Rate Listing program you would only be paying $5,000 for the listing fee, which is a savings of $4,500 compared to the typical commission rate. The more your home is worth the more you save!
2. For homes that are more affordable (such as condominiums), we can adjust our listing fee to ensure we are competitive with brokerages that charge typical commission rates.
3. We recommend that our selling clients offer a typical commission rate for any buyer’s agent that helps a buyer make an offer on your home. However, there could still be thousands more in your pocket from the savings on our listing fee.
4. You get more experience. Our agents are top producers and do real estate as a full time career. Visit Our Team for more information.
5. You get what you pay for? Not true with our program. You pay less and you get MORE! There are two MLS® systems in Alberta. Edmonton uses a system called Paragon and the rest of Alberta uses a system called Pillar 9. We are a member of the REALTORSÂ® Association of Edmonton and Central Alberta REALTORSÂ® Association giving us access to BOTH MLSÂ® systems. This allows us to list on BOTH systems giving your property Alberta-wide exposure. More exposure = better chances for a successful sale.
6. Yes there is an exception – we cannot offer the $5,000 flat rate if we have to pay a referral to another real estate professional or relocation company. For example, if we have to pay a 25% referral to a relocation company that is handling a company transfer. The fee would be adjusted to cover the referral fee cost.